Ecolodges Indonesia is making a dent in Eco-tourism through it's certified and innovative lodges and activities, and by:
- Playing an active role in conserving the natural resources which provide the visitors their experience.
- Provide first-hand, participatory, and enlightening experiences
- Encourage all-party recognition of the intrinsic values of the resource.
- Involve acceptance of the resource on its own terms, and in recognition of its limits, which involves supply-oriented management.
- Promote moral and ethical responsibilities and behaviors towards the natural and cultural environment by all parties.
- Providing long term benefits -to the resource, to the local community, and to industry (benefits may be conservation, scientific, social, cultural, or economic) (Wight, 1993).
(These bullet points come from Linda Ralston's International Tourism course and her own ecotourism definitions. Most quotes came directly from ecolodgesindonesia.com.)